This memorial, which takes the form of a cenotaph was was unveiled on 16th October 1926 by the Duke of Connaught. It’s dedicated to the five Foot Guards Regiments of the Great War, symbolized by five life-size soldiers standing side by side. The bronze figures were cast from the guns taken from the Germans during the Great War. The Guardsmen depicted are Sergeant R. Bradshaw, M.M. (Grenadier Guards), Lance Corporal J. S. Richardson (Coldstream Guards), Guardsman J. McDonald (Scots Guards), Simon McCarthy (Irish Guards) and Guardsman A. Comley (Welsh Guards).
The memorial bears the following inscription:
To the Glory of God. And in the memory of the Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Guardsmen of His Majesty’s Regiments of Foot Guards who gave their lives for their King and Country during the Great War 1914-1918 and of the Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers , Men of the Household Cavalry, Royal Regiment of Artillery Corps, Royal Army Medical Corps and other Units while serving the Guard’s Division in France and Belgium 1915-1918, fell with them in the fight for the World’s Freedom.